Saturday, August 17, 2019

A little this, a little that, a little inspiration out of somberness

I haven't blogged in a while. I struggle with wanting to pour out my soul and knowing there are those who won't understand. Sometimes I feel like my writing only tells a piece of the story too. Others can read what I'm putting out there, but not other thoughts I'm not sharing or circumstances that lead to my writing, feelings, etc so I struggle with the idea that someone can read something and make an assumption or judgement that is only based on a piece of the puzzle. If I could guarantee that everyone would understand where I'm coming from, what I'm trying to get across, and my true intentions and feelings I think I'd feel free to write all the time, but obviously I can't do that. So, I will share when I feel inspired too, but as of right now won't be as much as before. I probably won't be sharing this on Facebook either. I just hope someone reads it and it connects with them, and if they do, then that person was meant to read it.

I wrote a little bit today. It's not one piece, but several so I'll number them.

I also want to remind everyone to take Facebook with a grain of salt. I noticed I post more when I'm actually struggling the most. I think for one thing, it takes my mind off of what I'm dealing with if I post positive memories, photos, etc and for two; I post when I'm physically sick and in bed. It's ironic because I can hardly move and I'm feeling awful, but as I'm stuck in bed I think what else can I do and I decide to post. Others might think I'm in the greatest spot in life, posting all these happy things but I'm actually killing time enslaved to a bed. Anyways, just thought it was interesting when I realized my pattern and how ironic it was.

Anyways, here's what I wrote:

1. Others' misconceptions, confusion, or  condemnation towards you, doesn't mean you're wrong, just misunderstood.

2. You won't be every person's cup of tea,
That's ok.
They'll be those that will wait in excited anticipation for the moment they spend with you.
And bask in sweet serenity, as they glide their fingers together,
Their palms immediately feel your warmth as they cup you with both hands,
They hover their face above yours,
Close their eyes,
As your steam gently touches and warms their face.
They've waited for you,
You're just what they longed for.
You're just what they needed.

3. Sometimes you have to walk your path alone
People will look,
Question,
Judge,
Condemn,
And stand in disbelief,
Let them.
Let them stare.
Let them shake their heads.
Let them talk.
Keep on walking.

4. When you realize you're in control of you and no one else,
a weight is lifted
That was never yours to carry.
It's easy to pick up that weight again
As you've been accustomed to for so long, but you must learn to walk freely.
Although, awkward at first,
Your body will soon adjust
To the new lighter walk.
Your shoulders and spine finally relaxed,
Your body thanks you.
You're free to go anywhere now,
Your mind thanks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment